Aunty Em, Aunty Em, a typhoon`s a`comin!
Last night`s students warned Miss Ember that a typhoon is coming to town. It is scheduled to create chaos at 6pm, right in the middle of my shift. Many a student pikes during a typhoon, so a quiet night awaits me.
Apparently, the typhoon - although of dramatic sounding name - is generally not a cyclone or hurricane, but a mere trifle of a violent storm. Some are terribly gusty with gale force winds and torrential rain causing flooding, others are pissweak (pardon my Late Show French) with only a wee sprinkle and a pathetic breeze. So it could be nothing major, although I did just receive an email from the Australian Consulate warning me that a typhoon was coming and that I better get an emergency supply pack ready for the worst ... EEK! But so far, I`m alive and well. As long as my Japanese neighbours don`t suddenly transform into a band of psychotic, gun-wielding looters, all will be fine.
Apparently, the typhoon - although of dramatic sounding name - is generally not a cyclone or hurricane, but a mere trifle of a violent storm. Some are terribly gusty with gale force winds and torrential rain causing flooding, others are pissweak (pardon my Late Show French) with only a wee sprinkle and a pathetic breeze. So it could be nothing major, although I did just receive an email from the Australian Consulate warning me that a typhoon was coming and that I better get an emergency supply pack ready for the worst ... EEK! But so far, I`m alive and well. As long as my Japanese neighbours don`t suddenly transform into a band of psychotic, gun-wielding looters, all will be fine.


4 Comments:
This is a excellent blog. Keep it going. Don't miss visiting this site about how to buy & sell cd duplicator on interest free credit; pay whenever you want.
Permalink
Posted by Rachel Neumann at 9:09 PM on September 5, 2005. Mike Davis wrote a piece last year about a hurricane catastrophe in New Oreleans.
I liked your blog, check out mine sometime.
I have a credit site/blog. It pretty much covers credit related stuff.
I wonder if these people are the ones who reply to the "earn $$$ from home" ads in the paper.
Anyhow, hope the storm passed with no drama. Love the advice from the Australian embassy about a backpack, did they suggest what to put in it?
And on the lighter side of the news, there is a Bro town 2 in the pipeline! Che bro, prette wicked eh!
Ooooo, I`m going to lend Bro Town to some of the Kiwi teachers who haven`t seen it yet!
If only Dougie had a regular part ...
Post a Comment
<< Home