Ember-san does kendo!
Today I braved the martial arts world and attempted a little kendo. As you can squiz from this glam photo, I modelled a pair of hakama (in short, a pair of baggy fancy-pants or `divided skirts` that Japanese pretty boys flounce about in, waving their katana, or longsword, willy-nilly). I participated in the group demonstration which involved me - with skirts a-flying - getting flung onto the floor after a surprising yet decisive wrist action from my opponent.Fellow intrepid kendo-ee, Mohammed-san from Iraq, took numerous photos of me and others sprawled on the floor and in other undignified positions: will post soon. This showcase of Japanese martial arts - also including Judo, Iaido and Aikido - was arranged by the International Centre, where I go for free Japanese lessons. So a gang of us from the class went along - including said doctor from Iraq, a Sri Lankan dentist, an Indian man and his family and a Luxembourger. As Kath would say to Kim, `it was very multikulcharool, Kimmy.`


3 Comments:
Ooer! Will especially look forward to the sprawly/undignifiedy shots.
And as the ancient wise saying goes: Better Kendo than Ken Dome. Ewww.
Wow, you look like one of those anime characters from Bleach - the Shinigami (or Grim Reapers).
That is such a cute photo!
Miss Pink
Post a Comment
<< Home