Friday, September 09, 2005

The weekend is nigh!

My plans for the weekend include ...

  • going to my first Japanese language class at the International Centre
  • visiting the oft-talked of shopping mall, Diamond City, in order to visit the Totoro Shop and buy Totoro or Kiki doorway curtains for my bedroom
  • checking out two tofu restaurants recommended to me by students: Tosho, near the Hijima Shrine, which apparently has a pretty Japanese garden; and a more upmarket one in the Fukuya Dept store (or Fcuk-ya)
  • wandering about the nearby hills on a shrine walk or two

Also next week I plan to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on Wednesday ... in Japan, Wednesday is Ladies` Day (`I`m a laaaaady!`) in all cinemas, which means laaadies get in for a cheap price ($12 instead of $25 ... yes the cinema is quite pricey here). But on further reflection, I`m willing for a shilling to fork out $25 to see Johnny Depp in a velvet coat, so I might visit WonkaLand sooner. Woof!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home