Saturday, February 03, 2007

Shrine by the motorway


This road-side shrine is located on the main road near the Ember-Flashy apaato rooms, very close to Lapan.* At the shrine is a little man hewn of stone** donning a red-knit cap, and bunches of bright flowers. As I tripped home through the slush, jostling myriad shopping bags, I noted that some kind soul had placed a tin hat on his head, to keep his woollen hat dry from the snow. I like the way his hat is shaped like the conical straw hats worn by farmers.

*A gourmet grocer with lots of imported goods from Europe, America and Australia (one can snaffle up Tim Tams here) as well as Japanese foods.
** The man is Buddha-ish of appearance, but I have heard that he is supposed to be a wise man, or follower of Buddha, rather than Buddha himself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home