Friday, July 28, 2006

From Across the Miles

Many thanks, far-flung friands, for sending me much-appreciated precious things while I was away! It is a delight to come home to a litter of brown paper packages and postcards on my doormat. Thanks Edenic Maj for the goodies and the spiff 20s card - also sent by Penny Dreadful ... great minds think alike! - and Notts, for the marvellous Proustian read, and also to Miss Gremily for what promises to be an arresting read, "A Woman in Berlin". Strangely, I had cravings yesterday for Antony Beevor's "Stalingrad", and lo - this morn I received the aforementioned book on a topic of great interest to me *and* with an introduction by the great war correspondent, Sir Beevor! Huzzah for thoughtful friends!

Also tar muchly to Sgt M for Haighs rations and the essential Haighs Drinking Chocolate - I hope you landed safely in the bright lights of New York!

2 Comments:

Blogger Random Citizen said...

Well, that's not all you'll be getting in the mail. *maniacal cackle* Just you wait my pretty, just you wait.

4:04 pm  
Blogger Sgt M said...

Ah yes Miss E.
Enjoy the Haighes.
I can only lament that I forgot to obtain rations of Vegemite before landing Seppo-Side

7:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home