Amid much high faffery, I have uploaded some of my photos to PhotoBucket - please peruse interphrastically the wonderful, magnificient Photo Album of Miss Ember.
I saw one of those new fangled whatsits when I was serving in Africa. Damned fine piece of machinery. Very good for keeping the tribes at bay. I kept off horde of zulu warriors for three nights till the reserves came using nothing more than a digital whosits and a small bucket of pickled chicken livers.
Never underestimate the resourcefullness of the British Imperial Army! The pickled chicken livers were appropriated in Leeds before making their way to Swaziland through the Indian Subcontinent. They do a marvelous job of reviving the wounded, preventing gangrene, and as a general all-purpose assault weapon. Damned marvelous things.
Lorks-a-lordy! I very nearly burst my Symington Side Lacer with a jolly heave-ho and chortle. More exciting than a Blytonesque midnight feast at St Clares. Bravo!
Had a very quick peruse through some photos. You don't have a flickr account?? Dan (a friend here in Hiroshima) had photobucket albums and ... Anyway, it's up to you.
I'm off to Tokyo for a bit.
Nice blog, you write with style and flair. Will read more over the coming weeks.
Recently returned to the Orient for a Second Tour of the Nippon; washi paper & plum wine enthusiast; has penchant for flapper styles and 1920s nostalgia; appreciates bleak weather.
5 Comments:
What hey!
I saw one of those new fangled whatsits when I was serving in Africa.
Damned fine piece of machinery.
Very good for keeping the tribes at bay. I kept off horde of zulu warriors for three nights till the reserves came using nothing more than a digital whosits and a small bucket of pickled chicken livers.
Never underestimate the resourcefullness of the British Imperial Army! The pickled chicken livers were appropriated in Leeds before making their way to Swaziland through the Indian Subcontinent. They do a marvelous job of reviving the wounded, preventing gangrene, and as a general all-purpose assault weapon. Damned marvelous things.
*stare*
Good Lord, there's two of them now.
Lorks-a-lordy! I very nearly burst my Symington Side Lacer with a jolly heave-ho and chortle. More exciting than a Blytonesque midnight feast at St Clares. Bravo!
Hi Emma,
Had a very quick peruse through some photos. You don't have a flickr account?? Dan (a friend here in Hiroshima) had photobucket albums and ... Anyway, it's up to you.
I'm off to Tokyo for a bit.
Nice blog, you write with style and flair. Will read more over the coming weeks.
Cheers and look after Hiroshima.
Post a Comment
<< Home