Hitting the Dance Halls

On the weekend I painted the Nagarakawa night district in psychedlic hue, attending the latest psytrance event at the local dance hall for local people. Donning cat`s ears and pinstripe attire, I first visited gaijin haunt G`s Bar and snaffled up various beverages and nectars with fellow scholars with the help of scholarly barman Sir A(whereupon this neon pink photo was snapped by a squiffilated colleague).
Then onto Gataka, where trance tunes bleeped and oozed from the skilful hands of local and gaijin djs alike. I practised my feeble Nihon-go on the friendly Japanese punters, such as "What is your favourite movie?"; "What sports do you like?" and "Where is the lav?", plus the most important question, "O-genki des ka?" - "genki" meaning happy/healthy/cheerful/supersonic &c. Watashi wa genki des!
The usually reserved Japanese boys were more forward at this club, asking me questions and offering me assorted confectionary and drinkies, and introducing me to their circle of friends &c - without any trace of sleaze-a-rama. It was rather rewarding to natter to the locals in Japanese and receive a warm welcome. Yay!
Danced about until the wee hours and then met up with Sir A for breakfast, when we indulged in udon okonomiyaki - with cheese - at 6.30 in the morning. Better than a veggie fry-up in Newtown! And I got home at SEVEN forty-five in the morning. Now that`s what I call anarchy!


1 Comments:
Nothing beats the fry up in Newtown - wash your mouth out with soap young miss!
Post a Comment
<< Home