Monday, August 15, 2005

Rub-a-dub-dub

One of the homely highlights I've experienced so far is the Japanese bath.

In my hotel, bath-times are set three times a day. One dresses in a rather elegant blue cotton robe, locks up one`s precious things in the locker, then heads to the bathing room which is communal. There are several shower stalls, each equipped with a plastic stool for sitting on and a tub for splashing about, a 'bath' tap and a handheld showerhead thingy.

The rule is that you shower and rub all your stinky bits clean before hopping into the bath. The bath is for soaking purposes only. It's just like the Ginseng Baths in Kings Cross, or other Asian-style baths. Due to Osaka stinky weather, my showers have been ice-cold, then for fun I've hopped into the splendidly huge bath-tub (fits about 10) for a soak in the hot water. I follow this up with a cold spray from the showers, then I'm on my merry way. The hot bath was esp good after Summersonic, where my back became quite achy-breaky due to unusual positions maintained during Brett- and Ian-hysterics.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Summersonics sounds fabbo!

Am astonished and somewhat distraught to learn that Bernard Butler has the dreaded arm flab, aka, 'bingo wings'!

And I can just imagine the antics of the High Priest of Foppishness and Mincing! I have started a 'Moody Mincing Men' playlist on my iPod in his honour... *sighs*

10:08 am  
Blogger Miss Ember said...

Hee hee - the arm flab is not too bad - nothing like the famous Kath and Kim fadoobidahs - but, sniff, it's still visible!

5:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home