Monday, June 20, 2005

Crush Velvet

In the tradition of Penny Dreadful and Miss Violet, here's my blush-inducing list of crushes, with a twist: I've included "Tot Crushes" (that is, people I had crushes on as a tot (or kiddie). Not to be confused with tots I've had a crush on).

Tot Crushes
Peter Davison as Dr Who and Tristan the poncey one in "All Creatures Great and Small"
Adam Ant
Cliff Richard
Boy George
Noah Hathaway as Atreyu in "The Neverending Story"
Terence Trent D'Arby
David Bowie in "Labyrinth" (and those very tight tights)
Jesus (in "The light of the world" painting. Perhaps this sparked my interest in effeminate men? Apparently a female model was used for the face in this work)
Iva Davies of Icehouse
The Fonz

Teen Crushes
Brett Anderson of Suede
Robert Smith of The Cure
Roger O'Donnell of The Cure (in Fascination Street clip. Basically, he's the key-boardist with the china-doll face)
Rik Mayall in "The Young Ones" and the dashing Flashheart in Blackadder (woof!)
Alan Davies (nerdy magician detective living in a windmill *swoon*) in "Jonathan Creek" (which has starred Rik Mayall and Peter Davison)
Damon Albarn of Blur
The Moz (in his daffodil days)
Forgettable lead singer of Menswear
Dave Gahan of Depeche Mode (only when he sported the Jesus look in "Songs of Faith..." era)
Spike and Kenny from "Press Gang"
Irish Pogues T-shirt-wearing guy from "Degrassi High"
Paul McDermott
Nick Berry (quite hot as Aidensfield's boy in blue. And there was that strange post-sex scene - with bared breasts - in the pilot, when they were still figuring out who there audience was! Of course, Nick had his breasts well-covered)
Julian Clary of "Sticky Moments"
Sean Hughes of "Sean's Show"
Richard Kingsmill's voice

So as you can see, I had a "thing" for British comics and effeminate men. Wasn't into any hawt actors until my 20s: Lij, Viggo, Orlando, Garcia Mexican boy and Johnny Depp being my current faves.

Wow, this list-making awakened a few scary memories ... the Fonz, what was I thinking?!



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter Davison -- good choice! I'd quite forgotten about him! And he was in 'Campion' as well playing a detective... *visualises that sandy-blonde hair*...meeeeeep.

Do you remember 'Byker Grove'? Kiddie soap opera set somewhere in Newcastle, quite the runaway hit in Ireland. I remember kids at school would all try to put on the Geordie accents (very badly), e.g. calling the show 'Beaker Grove' and so on. Such fun!

12:42 pm  
Blogger Miss Ember said...

Yes, Byker Grove became popular after I left Geordieland ... my pen pals raved about it. Someone called "PK" I think was rather hot and had a pop song?

11:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home