japanese whispers ... javanese hipsters ... janet's slippers
My peregrination to Japan is set to happen this coming August! Not exactly sure where I'll be landing in my bright red plane, but desirous destinations include Kyoto, Hokkaido and Fuji-san. I would like to experience the Japanese countryside during my initial time there. Sydney is probably a small town compared with Tokyo, but I'm hankering for a quiet life surrounded by seasons, clean air and forest or sea. Sydney has become a whirl of noise and irritations to me this past year, and the only thing that's been keeping me happy here is Good Friends. I want to take lonely walks in unfamiliar landscapes and soak up silence. For this reason I'm not inclined to begin my travels in Tokyo, although at some point I intend to sample its neon wilderness and find out if all those rumours are really true (underwear vending machines, faux-goths, subway sleaze etc). Also, everyone I know seems to know someone who has lived in Japan or is living there now. So many interconnections. It makes me want to join the dots ...
Bring on Nihon! And to quote the dashing Captain Flashheart - goggles on, chocks away, last one back's a homo - hurray!
Bring on Nihon! And to quote the dashing Captain Flashheart - goggles on, chocks away, last one back's a homo - hurray!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home