Nostalgia on The Box

With many an arigaato gozaimasu to Detective M, I have been rewatching the gloriously smutty British comedy, 'Allo 'Allo. Concerned that its silly plotlines and juvenile humour would be rendered unfunny by my jaded old age (well, I was 9 years old when I last watched the series), I was pleasantly surprised by the cunning plots, engaging characters and all those saucy running jokes, especially that of zee fallen Madonna vith zee big boobies, followed by the multiple knockwursts containing the original (and forgeries thereof) of zee fallen Madonna vith zee big - erm, yes, well *ahem* ...
My fave characters include:
Herr Flick: I have three fallen Madonnas, vith six big boobies. Only von of zem is real.
Helga: Only von big booby?
Tee hee, indeed!
My fave characters include:
- Michelle of zee Resistance ... "listen very carefully, I shall say this only once."
- Crabtree, the English spy disguised as a French policeman with terrible French ... "Good moaning!" and, in response to a fainting Michelle, "oh, zee 'az pissed oot!"
- Herr Flick of the Gestapo, who always speaks in a deadpan voice ... after blowing up a Gestapo car by mistake: "I vill not be informing Berlin of ziss incident. I do not vish to look a right nana."
- Madam Fanny La Fan: "Oooh! I am zeeing flashing knobs!"
Herr Flick: I have three fallen Madonnas, vith six big boobies. Only von of zem is real.
Helga: Only von big booby?
Tee hee, indeed!


2 Comments:
Ah yes, classic stuff! So many wonderful characters, the rather camp lft Greuber and his flirting with Rene, Casters and Fairfax, the two british airmen hidden somewhere in the cafe, crikey must check the video store and see if they have the series there to watch.
Hallo Fraser, old chap, thanks for dropping by!
Yes, Greuber (and his mincing of the sausage) is one my fave characters of the series. I also recall with great fondness the dance of the Hitler Youth and much slapping - tee hee!
Post a Comment
<< Home