Art, sweetie, art!
Just glimpsed the work of Audrey Kawasaki. It's like storybook art noveau with a 60s retro-ness and pretty Japanese touches.
I have collected many postcards by this artist at Graffiti Bunny. They are tacked on my wall above my Writing Nook, and picture melancholic characters cloaked in kimonos, their heads bent in an atmospheric tableau amid willow trees, maple leaves, cherry blossoms or nightflowers. Stylishly done in a sharp 60s fashion mag style, but classically Japanese.
I seek out this blog, Japonisme, for stunning vintage pics bearing a strong Japanese influence, and for snaps of Japanese woodblock prints and paintings. A visual feast, plus most informative and well-written. Bravo!
I have collected many postcards by this artist at Graffiti Bunny. They are tacked on my wall above my Writing Nook, and picture melancholic characters cloaked in kimonos, their heads bent in an atmospheric tableau amid willow trees, maple leaves, cherry blossoms or nightflowers. Stylishly done in a sharp 60s fashion mag style, but classically Japanese.
I seek out this blog, Japonisme, for stunning vintage pics bearing a strong Japanese influence, and for snaps of Japanese woodblock prints and paintings. A visual feast, plus most informative and well-written. Bravo!


2 Comments:
thank you!
You're welcome! 'Tis one of my fave blogs for a blissful escape into images past and elegant.
Post a Comment
<< Home