... like a dragonfly


Regarding my tattoo ponderings below, a treasure trove of potential designs is that of art nouveau and art deco jewellery, specifically brooches. This is definitely more the style I'm seeking: flowing lines and vintage elegance. I wonder if such a detailed tattoo would bring problems in the future, such as the linework bleeding with age & c.
My other interest, tattoonically speaking, is peacock feathers. I once saw a waitress in old Sydney Town who had delicately detailed peacock feathers (no colour, just ashen greys and blacks) under her shoulder blades, where angel wings would sprout. Note these dragonfly brooches feature eyelet details on the wings which allude to peacock feathers, and if I was to choose colouring, this association could be most overtly flaunted.
Decisions, decisions!


5 Comments:
If you decide on a tatt, I think a big one that covers most of your lower back is going to look rather garish. A small tatt would look much more classier.
Egads, there was no chance I was considering a big one! A dragonfly should be life-size, or it just isn't a dragonfly : )
Plus the pain would make a grown man pass out...
Hi emma
I love the tattoo design.I think that it would look amazing. I wouldn't be to concerned about how it agesto much though,You can always have it retouched!
Cheers Lana
PS i am chasing your gift! I am so sorry it is taking ages to get to you ;(
Here's hoping, that, after my, extremely, diligent, searching, that you and I, can Peel Together and put an end, to our Sept "Ember" Song. You are far lovelier, than the artwork, "Dakini". Will you, please, supply me with, your Contact Details (e-mail is fine). I am very*, interested to meet you. My name is Georges and I'm from California and thinking, of a Japanese Trip. You may respond to me by; movietreasure@gmail.com
Thank You.
Post a Comment
<< Home