And ye shall quiver!

On matters quiversome, I was ejected from my bed at 5 o’clock on Monday morn by an earthquake that was 6 on the Richter scale. My bed shook with a vigour only seen in The Exorcist and I leapt for the nearest doorframe, clad only in minimal sleeping attire. My little wooden house shook, swayed and trembled for what seemed an eternity, and my suncatcher and bathroom light swung to and fro like a hypnotist’s fob watch. My heart was a-flutter as I contemplated the vision of a collapsed house with only the staircase still standing, and Lady L and her pretty grey cats squished beneath me. Horrors! But the earthquake ceased after about 20 seconds and I peeped outside to see several locals pacing the lane in their dressing gowns. Egads! Have assembled Emergency Earthquake Kit near my bed for future joltage. According to His Edenic Maj, only a few injuries occurred and no damage. The epicentre was apparently in Ooita, Kyushu, but Hirosh copped the worst.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home