The Listmaker
As an avid listmaker, I'm inspired by the poetic lists of Sei Shonagon in The Pillow Book. For fun, I'll jot down a few of these lists now and then on my blog. Here's a start:
Exciting Things
Brown paper packages. The twine that binds them.
Battered envelopes with foreign stamps and spidery handwriting.
Fireworks. Fairgrounds. Lucky dips.
The thrill of the airport's arrivals lounge. The wait for a familiar face.
Christmas.
Reading the last pages of a book, knowing there's a new one waiting to be read.
Departures. Getting lost.
Sherbert fizzing on the tongue.
Indian breakfasts.
Remembered things.
Exciting Things
Brown paper packages. The twine that binds them.
Battered envelopes with foreign stamps and spidery handwriting.
Fireworks. Fairgrounds. Lucky dips.
The thrill of the airport's arrivals lounge. The wait for a familiar face.
Christmas.
Reading the last pages of a book, knowing there's a new one waiting to be read.
Departures. Getting lost.
Sherbert fizzing on the tongue.
Indian breakfasts.
Remembered things.


4 Comments:
And dare I say: Precious Things?!
I covet the precious things...
One can never compose too many lists!
Miss Violet
'Brown paper packages. The twine that binds them.
Battered envelopes with foreign stamps and spidery handwriting'.
oooo I like!
Post a Comment
<< Home