A Matsue Christmas
One hangs them on the tree and fills them with nuts, fruit or chocolates.
(I refrained from filling the bottom two hearts, in case the tree toppled over at an awkward moment).
On Christmas Day, after Sir S and I had our usual present-opening frenzy and Haighs' chocolate pud consummation before the Christmas tree, we spent the day at the manor of Mistress P of the Turkish Cigarettes, where we ate and drank until we were unconscious. Mistress P laid out a sumptuous spread, serving up delicious mince tarts, golden roast vegetables, mushroom gravy and a spiffingly moist plum pud that looked dramatically aflame in electric blue. I baked a nut roast from this recipe which turned out, I'm pleased to say, most famously! I had even ground the nuts using a teatowel, hammer and eye-goggles. It was worth the effort! The apple sauce accompaniment was delish. How can one ever tire of cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice flavours?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home