Saturday, June 16, 2007

I'm feelin' Summersonic (for the third time)

It was with a great whoop and "golly" that I discovered, whilst drowsing under the soft white and blue flicker of the J-MTV talkies, that the dashing Sir Brett Anderson of the Once-Alluring* Fringe is playing solo at Summersonic this year! Hurrah! I was crossing fingers and madly tossing coins into shrine collection boxes, praying that - as Sir Brett has recently released his rather poignant collection of lonely warbles - he would crashland sushi-side this summer and break hearts a-go-go at musichalls up and down Nippon. This has indeed now come to pass, so I thank ye Shinto gods for that! I intend to take along my records in case I'm lucky enough to be allowed admittance to the Autograph Salon, where I witnessed the Editors last year, shy and overwhelmed with squeals and gifts from Japanese fans.

Also whipping up Charlston-inducing tunes on the same day include Cyndi Lauper, the Pet Shop Boys, the Arctic Monkeys, Manic Street Preachers, Bloc Party, Unkle and Motorhead(!).

Sir S and I have snaffled tickets for the Osaka show on Saturday, then I plan to head onto Tokyo for a language course, then to Kyoto and Hirosh before returning to Matsue. Bravo for two months off in the summertime!

*Sir Brett's follicular marvel of old seems to have been shortened of late. Sigh! But at least he still retains the equally alluring high cheekbones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home